Would you like more information about Tusla Services?
Family & Community Support
The Child and Family Agency is committed to providing high quality services to children and families at earliest opportunity across all levels of need. Providing help to children and families early in the stage of a difficulty can prevent situations getting worse. We know that if we invest in early support services we can keep many children safe from harm. Working in partnership is a very important aspect of this work. We aim to work closely with families, other agencies and professionals so that we can respond quickly to the needs of children. Early identification and provision of help by all of us at community level is in children’s best interests.
Prevention, Partnership and Family Support Principles:
- Children, young people and families will be at the heart of everything that we do. There will be a clear focus on the wishes, feeling, safety and well-being of children. Children First Guidance, 2011 and legislation will always be followed.
- Appropriate supports will be provided at the earliest point and we will concentrate on family strengths and capacities.
- Service providers will focus on improving outcomes for children and families and will track progress and results.
- A balanced approach will be struck between developing primary prevention and early intervention services whilst maintaining services at other levels of need. We will ensure that services at higher levels of need are adequately funded.
- We will be mindful of the latest research about what works well for families and what families need when we are planning, monitoring and evaluating services.
- The Child and Family Agency will work in partnership with children, families, communities, child and family practitioners and other agencies – both statutory and community and voluntary.
- Services will be cost-effective and will demonstrate value for money.
- Practitioners and services will promote human rights and social inclusion, addressing issues around ethnicity, sexuality, disability and rural/urban communities.
TUSLA General Enquiries
Tusla – Child and Family Agency,
The Brunel Building,
Heuston South Quarter,
Saint John’s Road West,
t. 01 7718500