Would you like more information about Community Development?
The family resource center provides a community-based model of family support and community development. This is a defining feature to informing the approaches, values and methods underpinning the work of the FRC. This is achieved by the following:
• The establishment and maintenance of new community groups to meet local needs and the delivery of services at local level (for example, men’s groups, parent and toddler groups etc.)
• Developing capacity and leadership within communities.
• Supporting personal and group development.
• Practical assistance to individuals and community groups such as access to information technology and office facilities.
• Practical assistance to existing community groups such as help with organisational structures, assistance with accessing funding or advice on how to address specific social issues.
• Supporting networking within the community
Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm